Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lil Blue Boo & Dharma Trading Design Challenge ~Entry #2~


I just love this hoodie pattern, goes together perfectly everytime!
I used the method from this pattern as the design inspiration for the layered applique. The only adjustment I made, I started with the second largest leaf, applied the next smaller one, turned over the design and trimmed close to the stitching, and then repeated for the top white leaf. (redusing the weight of the applique). I then applied the largest leaf to the top, then stitched on the top combo of 3 designs.
This hoodie reminds me of the Canadian Men's Olympic hockey jerseys. It is being sent to a 4 year old boy who is a fan. (I wonder if  he will make the same connection?!---the colour is wrong, there is no player centered in the leaf, they don't have any camo or even the hint of it....)

No comments:

Post a Comment