Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lil Blue Boo & Dharma Trading Design Challenge ~Entry #1~

Before I begin , I must tell you, that creating a blog may have taken longer than the actual sewing time of this first project.
I am the 'grandma' and although I am quite familiar with computers and poking my way around the web, a blog was a brand new experience for me. (still haven't figured out how to add a comment and a photo without having to begin a 'new post' . Help is no help if you do not know the language for the question! lol)
So on to the challenge.
I used the Sienna dress pattern ,Lil Blue Boo, size 4. The bodice length was determined by the size of the embroidery, the skirt was made in 2 sections, adding  extra width to each flounce.

 'The queen of hearts' machine embroidery  is from Urban Threads (luv their edgy designs). The hearts were stencilled using freezer paper and the other design using a paper doily. A few appliqued hearts finished off the embellishments.


The back of the dress. (For a close up of details, click on the picture.)





















PS - so impressed, I got pics inserted....so much for all that time spent on help. Maybe the secret is to just get at it, cross my fingers (maybe my eyes) and hope for the best?

No comments:

Post a Comment