Monday, January 25, 2010

Baby boy banner

I just love this banner, ---a perfect thing to make for a new baby's nursery. I  selected fabrics (for me, a process involving alot of humming, staring, adjusting, choosing and re-choosing) to coordinate with the decor his mom and grandma had created. Stitched it out, came out darling. Went to join the pieces---  2 hours later, all variations of bows, ribbon and trim did not a cute little boy banner make.

So I gave up on the 'tieing' and got to 'looping'
which lead to buttons, which lead to a button on each flag, which lead to numerous buttons---
--- discovering I had attached the v & i flags on in the wrong order. (can you believe that?)
A snip and a snarl, and a fiddle with button sewing, and ta da,



now just to package up and send off.  Well almost, this was the state of my sewing room--- one small project! good grief

No comments:

Post a Comment